Powered By Blogger

Monday 4 July 2011

Spotted Flycatcher and Peregrine Falcon

I took a spin out to my local woods over the weekend to see if I could spot any Spotted Flycatchers. I found a pair busy collecting food for their chicks so I was well pleased with that. While there I also had a pair of Jays and all the usual suspects. On sunday afternoon I decided to take a spin down the kerry way. I had a great days birding around kerry head with a pair of Peregrine Falcons been the highlight of the afternoon. Along with the falcons I had Rock Dove, Reed Bunting, Stonechat, Chough, Fulmar, Guillemot, Gannet, Manx Shearwater, White-throat and lots of Rock and Meadow Pipits to boot.
Peregrine in flight

Adult Chough with one of this years chicks

The other adult and young.

Another shot of the peregrine in flight

And another.

Spotted Flycatcher in Curragh Chase in Limerick

Fulmar in flight

And another

Reed Bunting on Kerry Head.

Rock Doves

Whitethroat on Kerry Head

Another shot of the Spotted Flycatcher

Male Stonechat in Kerry

1 comment:

Harold F said...

This was great to reead